Kualo Limited are looking for an experienced system administrator to join our team.
Who are we?
We're an established hosting company with a wide-ranging client base. Our clients range from small businesses with cPanel based hosting accounts, to multi-nationals and large online shops with mission critical redundant hosting environments.
Who are we looking for?
We're only looking for the brightest and most talented of people. You have to be dependable, motivated and well organised. This position is remote and you will work from the comfort of your own home. Our hosting facility is based in Tampa, FL, so if you are near to this location all the better but it is absolutely not a requirement and applicants may be based worldwide.
What are our general requirements?
- You must be an excellent communicator. We expect that you speak fluent English and have good use of grammar
- Understand the importance of FANTASTIC customer service
- You should have excellent organisational skills, with the ability to handle several tasks or projects simultaneously, and also complete them on time
- You need be able to think and learn intuitively
- You need to be able to work independently and with little direct supervision
- You must be able to follow instruction carefully
- You must work well within a team, and contribute to overall team training and knowledge as you work on projects and resolve issues
- You must have a high speed Internet connection (and preferably a backup connection, such as 3G/4G).
- VoIP Phone OR Computer Speaker/Microphone for a VoIP softphone
- You must have a love for the Internet and wider hosting industry – we want people with passion for what they do and a desire to continually expand their knowledge as they work, and by actively researching and experimenting with new technologies/solutions.
- You must have flexible working hours. We operate a rotating shift pattern to allow our team to rotate through weekends off, and we try to avoid night shifts. This would depend on your location, however.
- Provide support to our customers primarily via our ticketing interface. Some inbound phone calls will need to be handled, and occasional callbacks may be required from time to time to resolve issues by phone.
- Be an on-call point of contact for occasional escalated higher level issues as required
- Monitor and troubleshoot server problems.
- Investigate and respond to abuse reports (spam/phishing)
- Regularly document solutions in internal staff knowledgebase
- Regularly document solutions in customer facing knowledgebase
- Work to engineer new solutions and services alongside general ticket flow and issue resolution
- Ad-hoc work as required (system automation, account migrations, server setups, other project work etc.)
Technical Abilities & Skills
- Advanced knowledge of cPanel/WHM and common troubleshooting of cPanel/WHM servers.
- Advanced knowledge of Apache, Nginx, BIND, MySQL, PHP, Exim, Courier, Dovecot.
- Advanced knowledge of CentOS & FreeBSD Operating Systems.
- Advanced experience with managing Linux RPMs and FreeBSD ports/package installations, and resolving conflicts that might occur
- Ability to configure and proactively maintain servers with no control panel.
- Knowledge of shell scripting and advanced shell commands/utilities
- Experience with wide range of web hosting topics.
- Knowledge of popular open source software (Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress etc).
- Understanding of sales, ability to use experience to recommend upgrades and new services.
Additional Preferred Abilities & Skills
We're interested in hearing from candidates with specific skill sets. If you don't have these skills don't let this put you off, as we also have lower level positions available.
- Configuring and using OnApp
- Configuring and using any/all of Cisco/Juniper/Dell/Extreme networking equipment
- Windows Server based hosting environments
- Configuring and working with clustered and redundant hosting environments (Linux).
- HTML/PHP Coding
- Squid and Varnish proxies/caches
- Advanced Nginx configuration
- iSCSI / SANs
- Distributed storage / replication
- Web server clustering/load balancing
- MySQL replication / clustering
- Developing/maintaining/packaging custom Linux Kernels
- RPM packaging, and maintenance/updates of RPM repositories (yum, apt etc)
Compensation is dependent on past experience.
Please note that we absolutely do not accept job applications from any 3rd Party Support companies - please do not waste either of our time if this is you.
The position is available for an immediate start.